Anime review, game review and some interesting stories about my life. More updates are coming soon! Subscribe and Follow me on Twitter for latest news!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ib (The Game)

This maybe the first time I was interested in horror games. I technically haven't play this game myself but I saw someone else from Youtube playing the game through out till the finish.I never like horror themes cos I don't like seeing scary things to begin with but sometimes I just have the curiosity and the urge to watch horror games gameplays and that's how I ended up finding this game.
Title Screen


The story begins as we play as a little red eyes girl named Ib who went to the art museum with her family. Ib was told to look around the museum while her parents have something to do with the receptionist. As she walked through the museum and seeing a bunch of paintings, sculptures and all, she ended up in a hallway seeing a huge rectangular painting. Suddenly the lights went on and off and all of the people that were in the museum was gone, leaving Ib alone in the darkness. She went to see another art that was painted on the floor. It was a painting of a pond. She walked on top of it and surprisingly she fall into the painting.

Gameplay
 





Ib and Garry
To make the situation even worse, Ib was trapped not just within the haunted museum but she was  now trapped within another world of death. Paintings, statues and sculptures came to life and tries to kill her. But luckily she was never alone forever. She met a teenage boy named Garry. Her adventure starts as she tries to escape her death with Garry and solve puzzles within that world and survive until they find the way out. Will they have a happy ending? Or will they die horribly?



So for a little spoiler for who haven't seen and played this game before, this game has multiple endings and people used to replay the game because they want to find all of the endings. What made me interested to the game was not because of the drawing, not because of the gameplay nor the animation. But the story of the game, the choices that you have to make within the game it made me feel as if I was really in the game. The story was top notch! I loved it. The song was also good and really original.



In overall I give this game a 4/5. Even though I don't like horror stories nor games but this game is just too good and I totally recommend you to play this. Some fan have make fan arts based on this game. Since the drawing within this game is really bad, they (The fans) have made some sort of frame by frame anime of this game and I hope soon enough there will be a full anime based on this game. So without further ado, let's see the fan made video animation of this game.

WARNING: Spoilers may appear within this video. You have been warned!

Credits to: Kouri for making this great game with an awesome plot, the fans who made this wonderful video and pictures that really looks like the game's original anime, and last but not least Kare Ichi for uploading this video.

Enjoy!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew,
    Can you provide me the link of the game & player?
    It seem quite nice.
    I'm thinking to play but i can't find the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link Moonlight: http://kouri.kuchinawa.com/game_01.html
      It's in Japanese and it's a free game. And for the player I forgot the Youtuber's name because I watched the game probably 6 months ago or so.

      Hope you have fun with the game :D

      Delete